Do you know that there is a yoga pose in the name of a cat? If you are suffering from shoulder pain or back pain, then this is the best pose for you. Just today we will discuss about one such marjariasana pose or Cat pose.
Today we will give you detailed information about marjariasana(cat pose). Such as meaning, steps, benefits and contradictions. Keep reading
What is the meaning of Marjariasana ? Cat Pose Meaning
marjariasana is a Sanskrit word. It is made from two words, marjari and asana. Marjari means cat and asana means pose. This pose is called cat pose in English.
What are the benefits of Marjariasana ? Top Benefits of Cat Pose
- Performing this asana brings flexibility to your spine.
- Strengthens your palm and wrist.
- By doing this asana, your digestion improves.
- This asana helps in reducing shoulder pain.
- This asana helps in reducing stomach.
- Neck pain reduces with this asana.
- Practicing this asana relieves back pain.
How to do Marjariasana ? Cat Pose Steps
- To perform this asana, first sit in Vajrasana.
- Now keep both hands equal distance from the shoulder, keep it 1.5 to 2 feet away from your knees.
- After this, give the distance equal to the shoulder in your knees
- Now move the neck up and press down the lower back
- In this position, keep the body stable for 12 to 16 seconds.
- Now after this, raise the lower part of the back up and tilt the neck down.
- In this position keep the body stable for 12 to 16 seconds.
- Now again take the neck up and press down the lower back.
- Repeat this asana for 5 to 6 times just like this.
Marjariasana Contraindications and Precautions
- People who have a back injury should not do this asana.
- This asana should not be done during pregnancy.
- People with problem related to neck should do this asana after taking advice of yoga teacher
- You should not do this asana if you have a wrist injury.
- Those people who are doing this asana for the first time do not forcibly bend their back and neck
- Practice this asana as much as possible.
- If you are doing it for the first time, do not do this posture more often. Do it slowly without force
- ➽Trikonasana – Steps , Benefits and Contraindications
- ➽Shashankasana – Steps , Benefits, Precautions
- ➽Baddha padmasana Inforamtion
- ➽Brahma Muhurta Compelte Detail
- ➽Mandukasana – Steps , Benefits , Precaution
- ➽Swadhisthana(Sacral) Chakra
We have given detailed information about marjariasana(cat pose) in the above article. We hope you like it. We will also try to bring better articles related to such yoga and health.
If you really liked this article and found useful information, then share it to your friends and relatives too. Due to which we will also get motivation. Thank you for visiting our site.
Yoga Poses5 months ago
➤Dhanurasana(Bow Pose)【Steps ,Benefits,Contraindications】
Yoga Poses2 weeks ago
» Baddha padmasana information in【Detailed】
Yoga For Different Types of Pain7 months ago
7 Yoga For Lower Back Pain Hacks,You Need to Know Now
Yoga Poses5 months ago
Shashankasana (Rabbit pose)【Benefits, Steps , Precautions】
Yoga Poses2 months ago
➤Swastikasana【Steps , Benefits ,Contradictions】Full Information
Spiritual4 months ago
▶ Hanuman Chalisa : Bajrang Baan | Aarati | Ashtak【Lyrics】
Yoga Poses3 months ago
»Katichakrasana【Steps , Benefits,Contraindications 】
Healthy Food4 months ago
Top 10 Benefits of Bajra (Millet) | Side Effect Of Bajra